PRODUCT ISSUES LIST (PIL) OVERVIEW
Every product in Vizula contains a Product Issues List (PIL) which can be used by the Project Manager to manage a list of issues which arise during the course of developing the product. The PIL can be utilised as much or as little as is determined useful by the Project Management team.
Each item in the list contains four fields as follows:-
- DATE - The date cannot be edited and is the date that the issue was added to the database.
- DESCRIPTION - The description is an editable field used to describe / detail the issue.
- OWNER - The owner of the issue should be assigned as the issue is created. Ideally, the owner should be a Vizula user, in which case the issue will show up on the users 'MY ACTIONS' page, but anyone can be assigned as an owner.
- DUE DATE - The due date should be set as the issue is created and is the date by which the issue is required to be resolved. Overdue issues will be highlighted red in the list.
In addition to these four fields, the issue is assigned a 'Priority' which describes the importance / priority of the issue as follows:-
The priority can be changed at any time to alter the importance of the issue.
THE PRODUCT ISSUE LIST (PIL)
By default, the PIL is under control of the Project Manager, although this can be changed in the Access Rights page.Adding an Issue
1. Click the 'Add Issue Item' icon
and the New Issue 'select priority' sub-menu will be displayed.
2. Click the desired priority icon and a new issue will be added to the bottom of the PIL as follows:-
3. Add a description of the issue.
4. Click on the 'Owner' name and the 'Select Owner' sub-menu will be displayed.
5. Select the owner from the sub-menu, creating a new employee if necessary. Click 'Select' to change the owner.
6. Click the due date and a calendar will open as follows:-
7. You can now select the due date.Editing an Issue
1. Click on any issue to put it into edit mode as follows:
2. Edit the description by typing straight into its field.Changing an Owner
1. Click on any owner to put the issue into edit mode and display the 'issue owner' sub menu as follows:
2. Select an owner from the list of employees and the issue owner will be changed.Changing an Owner by Adding a New Employee
1. If an employee does not yet exist in the system, then he/she may be added during the editing process by clicking the 'AddEmployee' icon.
The 'AddEmployee' sub-menu will be displayed as follows:
2. Enter the details of the new employee and click 'Add'. The new employee will be added to the database and his/her name will appear in the list of employees.
3. Select the employee and the owner will be changed.Changing the Due Date
1. Click on any due date to put the issue into edit mode and display the 'due date' selector as follows:
2. Modify the date and the due date will be changed.Changing the Issue Priority
1. Click on any priority icon to put the issue into edit mode and display the 'Priority' selector as follows:
2. Click on the desired icon and the priority will be changed.Deleting an Issue
1. Click the 'Enable Delete Mode' icon
2. The icon will turn red
and all Issues will be put into delete enable mode, displaying a trash symbol in its left hand column.
3. Click on the issue you wish to delete and the a confirmation sub-menu will be displayed asking for confirmation of deleting the item.
4. Click 'DELETE' to remove the item.Filtering the PIL
The PIL can be filtered by status value type by clicking on the relevant icon in the filter:-
Sorting the PIL
- Toggle this filter to show / hide the 'MINOR' items.
- Toggle this filter to show / hide the 'MAJOR' items.
- Toggle this filter to show / hide the 'CRITICAL' items.
- Toggle this filter to show / hide the 'RESOLVED' items.
The PIL can be sorted by columns as follows:
- RANK The list will be sorted according to Item Priority.
- DATE The list will be sorted chronologically by date added to the PIL.
- DESCRIPTION The list will be sorted alphabetically by description.
- OWNER The list will be sorted alphabetically by owner name.
- DUE DATE The list will be sorted chronologically by Due Date.
1. Click on the blue column header to sort by that column. The column header will turn red to indicate sort is active.Downloading a CSV file
1. Click on the download icon
to download the full PIL as a csv file.